Friday, October 07, 2011

'I wanna be like James Dean'


I'm a real sucker when it comes to 'old stuff' lately. I would like to call it vintage. Two post before the one you are reading at the moment, I mentoined Serge Gainsbourg and Ramses Shaffy, who are both dead. Yesterday Aurélie and me were listening to French chansons which were not younger than 30 or 40 years old and their composers are all dead now. (Think of Edith Piaf and Jaques Brel.)
Now there's something else on my vintage list. James Dean. I'm really into him nowadays. And you gotta love this actor too. His style -so 40's!- and charisma are incredible. The poor guy, born on the 8th of february 1931 in California, died at the age of 24 in a car accident. He'll stay young forever...

Same as Serge Gainsbourg, James Dean makes me think of someone else. To wit James Franco. So I start to use Google a little and found out that James Franco's the one who plays the role of James Dean in the movie 'James Dean'. What's in a name... I think they are my favorite actors of all times. Soon more pictures of both of them. Have to admit I didn't see the total movie yet. Just some scenes. Here's one for you. James Franco as James Dean in 'James Dean':




Maybe I should make it some kind of trilogy. Next one will be about Oscar Wilde. Even more 'vintage'...

No comments:

Post a Comment